Monday, November 5, 2012

Infinity is back...who knew

So its been a almost two months since my last post. No excuses really just been busy with work and school and oh yea getting back into Infinity. Infinity? Yes...Infinity the game that I swore off some five years ago ad a game that was so cool but brought our group to near fist fights over what was then some clunky translations and misunderstood rules. Well the game has matured over the years and so have I as a gamer. Don't get me wrong I still want to compete in tournaments and will try to do some over the next year but I enjoy just playing the game as well and the cinematic nature of it. Its actually another game that I am into that really got me back into Infinity that game being MERCS. MERCS is a great game and I love the scale and the nature of it but I found my self saying everything time I was playing MERCS that I really missed playing Infinity. So I made the jump picked up a started and now we are playing weekly games. I am even building terrain again which is completely crazy.

In other news. I am painting again and going about it a little weird. So with my new kick toward Infinity I have been on a sci-fi kick lately and a friend of mine turned me on the TRON:Uprising. Now I love both movies and this show fits right in nicely. The show has also inspired me to do up my Infinity models in TRON style. Now I am not the first person to do this but it looks really cool...Even though I may not match the terrain(I am working on that too). I have added some images below of my current work bench and my progress on my first TRON Style model. I will try to keep these up to date as I work out the best techniques to get these models looking cool.



Images from my workbench

Her is the first TRON Style model primed in white.




The two images above are the first setup in details out all of the detail lines that will go into the model. I will make a couple more passes picking out more details and then I will start highlighting the model.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger