Friday, November 26, 2010

Return to Warcraft: or how I learned to Stop Complaining and Love World of Warcraft

Thats a big title but its true. Within the last few weeks I have put all the issues I had in the past with World of Warcraft(WoW) and got back to playing and I can't believe just how wrong I was, and how bad it is out there in the world of MMORPGS.

Now let me give a little context here, I played WoW back in the early days of what is now know as "Vanilla WoW" back them the game was pretty brutal the level grind was slow but if you could make it to 40 and beyond there was a lot of cool stuff to be had. I will admit back then I didn't make it to 40 I don't even think I made it to 30 and that was primarily due to the grind that was leveling. I quickly lost interest and started new characters. This pretty much continued into the next expansion and even up to the Lich King expansion. I will say things got better during the last couple expansions but the grind was still there and the game became more and more like a job that I was paying to do. So I took some time off. I tried out other games both free and play and not and I can't honestly say nothing holds a candle to WoW, the other games just are not polished enough and and just not designed well enough. So when the latest expansion for WoW was announced Cataclysm my interest was peaked it seemed like a good time to get back into WoW.

So now I am back into WoW and loving it. Cataclysm content is dropping and the game is even better than it was before. They have also done a lot to make easier to level a character so that is fun and not a mind numbing grind like the old days. The future looks good and I am really enjoying my time in the game so much that I am going to be starting a new feature on the blog where I can post some of my screenshots that I have taken while exploring the world of Azeroth. The new feature is going to be Postcards from Azeroth and the plan is to run it once a week or more if I have good screenshots to show. The first Postcards from Azeroth is planned for next Monday.

"What do you mean there is an Octopus on my face?"



No comments:

Powered By Blogger