Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1st Post of the New Year

Well its finally 2011 and like lots of people I am resolving to do many things. Now probably most of my resolutions will just end up crap but hopefully a couple will stick. The 1st being that I will post on this blog more frequently even if its just a painting update. With that said welcome to my 1st painting blog post. Just kidding..then end of 2010 was a bit weird I went from gaming twice a week to zero immediately after Gencon. Most of that time I spend working through a lot of personal issues and pretty much the demise of the gaming group that I have gamed with for going on five years. Things are looking up I am having fun playing Warmachine again and I am really loving MERCS. Speaking of MERCS you may have noticed they have made the “Top Ten Links” over there on the right. I see a bright future for MERCS, I love the art, the story and the game is great two and the dev team is local which is awesome.

Painting Blog 1/11/11
In addition to getting back to gaming I have also been painting again something I haven’t done since before Gencon. I am currently working on my MERCS stuff I have an “Yellow Jackets” squad and a USCR squad but I love this stuff so much I will more than likely own them all eventually. Below are a couple of WIP shots of the Yellow Jackets Squad Leader Figure. I would call this tabletop quality I am trying to stay away from metallic to help match the look with the artwork from the book so it has a kind of flat look.

These are a couple of early shots of the base coat. I am still working out the orange detail pieces and how to detail out the face mask.



Here are shots of the model about 90% complete. There base is still being finished with its forward firing arc. I have turfed the base as well and the model as been washed and highlighted.

Keep and eye out for MERCS this game has huge potential the models are great the artwork is awesome and it is a blast to play.
Happy New Year!
Hear's hoping its better than last year.

Sryth:Artist.Gamer.Designer

No comments:

Powered By Blogger